Monday 26 March 2012

Elimination diet... elminated... and some craftyness for good measure

On week 2 day 6, I gave up on the elimination diet. I hadn't noticed any changes in how I was feeling; still having regular headaches and stomach cramping etc. Besides, it was REALLY tough making everything from scratch on top of taking care of my kids, making them meals, gardening, my crafting obsession... yada yada. 

The day I gave up just happened to be the same day as the birthday party for my friends son. I figured, if I'm going to break a diet I may as well go all out and guess what? I really didn't notice any difference in how I was feeling after all that! So either the food items causing me issue were still in the allowed diet, OR my issue isn't food related at all. 

I am hoping to try a different diet/test soon. I have a friend who has FM (fructose mal-absorption) and she's working out a week long meal plan for me. If I do find out I have FM, than it makes sense that the elimination diet did nothing for me since so many of the 'good' items I was allowed to eat are big no-no's if you have FM; like coconut milk, broccoli, honey and agave. I was having those items pretty much everyday on the elimination diet. 

So, for those of you who were hoping to see how all that panned out, sorry if you're disappointed! I am hoping to still figure out what is going on with my body, so stick around for the ride if you can. 

-----------

Now, I also wanted to share with you some of the creations I have made over the past few weeks. I have two craft shows to prepare for in April and recently a local store contacted me about selling some items there as well so I have been busy preparing. 

What do you think? 

More of the wooden items, and more can be found on my FB fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/AbbyRoseCreations











Now this I made for myself. I was inspired by some other dream catchers I had seen online... I just had to make one and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment