Sunday 18 March 2012

Elimination diet, week 1 review.

Geeze this is hard! I'm having headaches all the time, which is pretty much normal for me. At this point however, I'm not sure if it's my regular daily headaches or if it's related to having withdrawals from not having sugar?

Anyway, I didn't exactly stick to the meal plan. Life got busy and I couldn't spend so much time making things from scratch, but here are some pics from this weeks menu:


Crispy brown rice squares from the Comprehensive Elimination Diet Food Plan
Not very tasty and they don't stay in firm squares, but my girls like them. 

Brown rice sushi; crispy mango, sweet potato and vegetarian california roll.
They were okay but I found the rice flavour kind of overpowered everything. My wasabi was also 10x too hot.

Spicy sweet potato fries with chicken strips and homemade ranch dressing from this recipe.

Turkey meatballs with spinach and mushrooms in a pesto sauce over rice pasta.
Turkey meatballs were AWESOME! Recipe here. The rest was a bit 'meh'. Pesto recipe here.

Spinach salad with strawberries and almonds. The balsamic vinaigrette was not very good.

Leftover turkey meatballs with teriyaki fried veg and vermicelli. Gluten free teriyaki sauce is so simple! About a 1/4 cup of gluten free 'soy' sauce, aka tamari, 1/4 cup of water, 1/2 tsp of ginger powder, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and a squirt or two of agave or honey. Delish! BEST MEAL OF THE WEEK!

Brown rice pudding (cooked rice in half water/half coconut milk) topped with blueberries and sunflower seeds. It would have been much better if I had had cinnamon... maybe next time.

Blueberry muffins from the Comprehensive Elimination Diet Food Plan. Gross. The Amaranth flour smells funny and has a bad texture. I know these look good, but no no... they aren't. Don't be fooled! 

It is officially the last day of week 1 and so far I haven't had any noticeable changes in my health or weight. As I mentioned earlier, I'm still having daily headaches among other issues. Here's hoping this week proves to be better. I need some energy to enjoy all this great weather!

ps... I would kill for a piece of chocolate right now... or even just a smear of butter.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment