Sunday 11 March 2012

Elimination diet week 1 meal plan

This is harder than I thought it was going to be! The first time I did an elimination diet I only had to plan for myself and I didn't have 2 children to also plan and make meals for. It's so much more difficult this time around.

Also, this time I'm trying to be more creative so that I can extend the diet a little further (without sacrificing taste) and also to spice things up so I'm less likely to cheat.

Yesterday's preparations were making crispy rice squares, blueberry muffins, 'mayonaise' and ranch dressing. All are not only gluten free, but also egg, dairy and sugar free. My daughters have both approved the crispy rice squares, even though I think they're bland. Abigail also tested the other three, and did not approve of any of them. I personally find the blueberry muffins grainy in texture, and also bland in general... if only I could spread a nice big smear of butter on them! The 'mayonaise' and ranch dressing obviously don't taste like the real thing, but they're pretty good otherwise.

Now, onto the week one meal plan. I'm planning breakfast, lunch and dinner for myself as well as the family dinner that everyone else will be eating. I tried to make things easy on myself by making the meals similar so I have less prep. We'll see how it goes.

Monday
Breakfast – breakfast rice pudding
Lunch – brown rice nori rolls w/ sweet potato, mango
Dinner – chicken fingers and sweet pot fries w/ salad
Family Dinner – chicken fingers and regular fries w/ salad

Tuesday
Breakfast – smoothie w/ coconut milk, rice milk, banana, berries, spinach and flax
Lunch – fruity spinach salad
Dinner – black beans and yellow rice and salad
Family Dinner – chicken/rice and salad

Wednesday
Breakfast - oatmeal
Lunch – black beans and yellow rice
Dinner - turkey meat balls w/ rice pasta and pesto sauce
Family Dinner - spaghetti

Thursday
Breakfast - cream of rice w/ rice syrup and cinnamon
Lunch – lentil soup
Dinner – chicken w/ roasted veggies
Family Dinner – pork chops w/ roasted veggies and potatoes

Friday
Breakfast – Nutri-Ola (homemade granola type thing)
Lunch – nutty green rice
Dinner – thai chicken w/ fried veggies and whole grain rice
Family Dinner – chicken w/ fried veggies and whole grain rice

Saturday
Breakfast – Rice pancakes w/ blueberry syrup
Lunch – lentil soup
Dinner – roasted chicken w/ brussel sprouts, carrots and sweet potatoes
Family Dinner – roasted chicken w/ brussel sprouts, carrots and potatoes

Sunday
Breakfast - smoothie
Lunch – quinoa salad
Dinner - soup w/ roast chicken leftovers
Family Dinner - soup w/ roast chicken leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment